Our main business is making grants – financial assistance – to help those who are serving or have served as Warrant Officers and below in the Royal Navy & Royal Marines, and their dependants, who find themselves in difficulty.
Every year we make grants to just under 3,000 applicants, from under £100 up to several thousand pounds, totalling more than £1.5 million. The circumstances must involve ‘necessity or distress’ (in the words of our Royal Charter), and the range is almost endless.
Wide ranging financial help for both Serving and Veterans
Examples of the assistance given include:
- Over £336,000 for specialist medical equipment and mobility aids including EPVs, Stair-lifts and Riser Recliner Chairs
- Assistance for Bankruptcy Fees
- £139,000 for rent arrears and rent in advance
- £88,000 for furniture and furnishings
- £181,000 for Funeral expenses
- £81,000 for Training and Education for employment, leading to over 50% of applicants becoming re-employed
- £15,000 to ease fuel poverty
- Help towards Care Home Top-up Fees and Domiciliary Care Costs