RNBT gives help, in cases of need, to serving and former Royal Naval ratings and Royal Marines other ranks, which includes Reservists; they are known as Primary Beneficiaries. We also help their partners, children and some others connected with them. They are known as our Beneficiaries.
Can we help you?
If you fit one of the following descriptions then, apart from a few exceptions, The RNBT is almost certainly able to assist you:
- Serving and ex-serving men and women: past or present RN rating or RM other rank, including Reservists – a Primary Beneficiary.
- Wives, husbands and partners: dependent partner of a Primary Beneficiary with whom you live.
- Children: under the age of 18, of a Primary Beneficiary, living or deceased.
This may include:
- a dependent child who is not the natural child of a Primary Beneficiary;
- a child who has continued in full-time education on reaching the age of 18;
- a child over the age of 18 but unable to support themselves because of mental or physical disability.
- Widows and widowers of a deceased Primary Beneficiary, with whom you were living at the time of death, and not living with a new partner.
- Separated or divorced wives and husbands of a Primary Beneficiary and not living with a new partner.
This is not an exhaustive list and individual circumstances can be complicated. If you
have any doubts or queries, we are always ready to listen and tell you whether or not you are eligible.