The introduction of new clinical procedures at Pembroke House has resulted in very high standards of infection control. We are confident in maintaining the safest measures possible to ensure that there is no risk to the health and safety of our residents and staff.
Disclaimer: While we use every possible measure to prevent and mitigate the chance for infection, we cannot guarantee the spread of COVID-19 or any other virus will be prevented from coming into the home.
Due to the current circumstances regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adjusted our procedures when accepting new residents.
Please read our new procedures:
1. Any new residents coming into the home will spend a 14 day period in our isolation unit. Prior to their arrival at the home our clinical lead will carry out a lateral flow swab (LFD). To find out what a LFD test is click here
2. A COVID-19 swab (PCR test) will be conducted 10 days after arrival.
3. The result of the swab test will determine the length of isolation.
- NEGATIVE: If results are negative, the resident will remain in isolation displaying no symptoms for the period of 14 days.
- POSITIVE: If the results are positive, the resident will remain in isolation for a period of 28 days.
Note: If the result is positive, the resident will be under constant supervision to have their health monitored. If their medical needs escalate, then a transfer to a hospital will be arranged. A second swab must NOT be conducted for 90 days thereafter.
4. Once the resident has been asymptomatic for a period of 14 days, they will be able to leave isolation and join the rest of the residents in the home.
We understand that going into isolation may be a daunting prospect. However, we will do our best to make sure the stay is as comfortable as possible. You will have 24hr care provided whilst in the isolation unit. We encourage new residents to bring items from home to keep themselves occupied. Examples include: TV’s, tablets, books, knitting, etc.
Thank you for your understanding during this time, and should you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling 01634 852431 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about fees and who is eligible to apply to live at Pembroke House please visit our Eligibility, Fees & Funding page.